Baviaanskloof Accommodation - Makkedaat Cave - Camping
Makkedaat Caves Baviaanskloof
If you are looking for more tourist information about the Baviaanskloof, you can find it at Makkedaat Caves Reception at the Rietrivier Homestead.
Your hostess, Henriëtte Terblanche, will be more than happy to tell you about other interesting places in the Kloof.
There is also braai meat for sale.
Freshly baked bread can be provided upon request. Please arrange beforehand to allow for preparation.
For a list of equipment in the cave please click here.
To book please phone us - Our email is unreliable.
- No Credit Card Facilities
- No Cell Phone Reception
- No Pets
To confirm your stay a 50% deposit must be paid within 3 days into our bank account and the deposit slip faxed to us.
Please SMS the proof of payment to 082 215 5175
If we have not received proof of payment within 3 days the provisional booking will be cancelled.
Our banking Details
||044 934 1012 (day)
||082 215 5175
||No emails are used due to their unreliability in the
- Cancellations in excess of 1 month prior will incur a 10% of the deposit in administration fees.
- Cancellations 2 weeks or longer prior will forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- Cancellations within 13 days prior will forfeit 100% of the deposit.
- In the event of premature departure or no show we may charge the value for the full original booking depending on circumstances.
Travel Distances and Times
- Approach from the West (Willowmore/Uniondale) Gravel road from N9 turnoff 50 kilometers - approx 1 hour drive.
- Approach from the East (Patensie) 146 kilometers - approx 5 to 6 hours drive.
- Report at the Info office to obtain the keys for the caves.
- Arrive after 14:00 and depart before 10:00.
- Dassiebak has approx. 30 steps from the parking area to the cave.
- Aalwynbak has approx. 20 steps from the parking area to the cave.
- You need a 4x4 vehicle to reach the parking area.
- Braai Meat, and Home Baked Bread must be ordered in advance.
- Premade Kudu pies, chicken pies as well as cool drinks, coffee and ice are available.
- Braai wood is available.
- Please arrive before dark so that you can acquaint yourself with the cave while it is still light.
- With the exception of the Dassiebak all accommodation require own bedding preferably sleeping bags as well as towels.